Aint sitting still.

I lived in Vancouver till I was 6. Then we had to move here, small town "Christian" Alberta. I miss vancouver...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A 'Good' Poem I wrote for school.

The First Global Warming

I walk across the ground
Snow crunching beneath my feet.
I look up to the sky,
But quickly, I lower my head again.
The massive ice walls reflect the sun
Straight into my gaze.
I shrug and head back into my cave.
I mark on the wall, 'No change yet'
The wind is whistling outside my cave,
Louder then before.
I walk outside, bracing myself
For the cold north wind...But wait!
That wind is warm...
I look down, and notice something.
My boots leave a more defined mark.
I slowly take off my bear skin gloves,
And pick up a handful of snow.
It packs!
I can hardly believe what I see.
I run back in, and mark on the wall
'Finally!' I sit back and look at my wall.
There is thousands of 'No change yet's
And one, just one beautiful mark.
Just one.
That bares the word 'Finally'

By Meadow Spurr

3 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Paula said…

    I love the title!! Excellent use of setting. I guess global warming is only a bad thing if you are already warm enough, eh?

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Spoke said…

    **hippy-clap**

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger troll said…

    what it makes me want, is to have been there ... and i feel like i was ...

    thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home